Molonglo Support Services is committed to delivering responsive services that align with its mission to support people
experiencing difficulties due to homelessness, domestic violence, poverty and discrimination.
Louisa Domestic Violence Service
Louisa Domestic Violence Service is a residential service based in Queanbeyan and services include:
- Early intervention and outreach support for people experiencing domestic and family violence to stay safely in their own home
- Secure crisis accommodation for women with or without children escaping domestic and family violence
- Supported accommodation for families, men and women with or without children escaping domestic violence
- Assistance to find stable housing
- Emotional support, advice, information and referrals relating to financial, legal, health, education and employment matters
- Support for children experiencing trauma and stress due to family or domestic violence
- Childcare support programs, parenting support programs, group work and school holiday activities for children
Your Place Housing Support Services
Molonglo Support Services manages Your Place Housing Support Services in partnership with Barnardos Australia, providing a referral and support service to anyone in Queanbeyan and Palerang area experiencing housing difficulty.
The team at Your Place Housing Support Services work to solve immediate and long term housing difficulties, with case workers assisting the process, providing practical and emotional support. They focus on developing strength based case management plans alongside clients, working closely with local support agencies to provide integrated case coordination.
Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Program
Molonglo, through an agreement with Legal Aid NSW, assists women and children to obtain legal protection from domestic violence by delivering quality information, advocacy and referral services. This includes:
- Court Support at Queanbeyan, Cooma, Goulburn and Yass courts for applications for effective legal protection from New South Wales Local Courts through applications for Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs)
- Access to a network of professional services to assist them with their other legal and social/welfare needs
- Through partnerships with other Services, assists in building the community’s capacity to respond effectively to domestic violence
Molonglo Support Services manages 13 properties, providing crisis and transitional accommodation in Queanbeyan. A property manager, maintains properties to a high standard and works to link residents with appropriate support groups and activities.